Sunday 23 July 2017

One Minute Silence - We Bounce


We Bounce was the second single from OMS's third and final album, many months after the first. I bought it along with a Therapy? 7" and Funeral For a Friend double 7" one day in HMV in Southampton. I think, had I not been buying the Funeral record, I probably wouldn't have got either of the other two - they were fine additional purchases, but not exciting enough to open my wallet for.

At £2, this record was lucky to be bought, given that it contains the same song twice, where that song had already been released on the Revolution 10", and where the edit is just a censored version of the original (they change "fuck" for "frig" and make it a little quieter, which just sounds ridiculous). I always found the start of the song a little hard to get into, but it does bring it around towards the end. Needless to say, not a record that's had a great deal of play over the years. The image on the cover is almost comically terrible.

Format: 7"
Tracks: 2
Cost: £2 new
Bought: HMV Southampton
When: 03/05/03
Colour: Black
Etching: none
mp3s: no