Sunday 24 July 2016

Clint Mansell - In the Wall OST


I've not seen In the Wall, but I can assume that it is terrifying. The soundtrack alone is enough to send shivers down your spine. It says a lot about Clint Mansell's work that even without the film I'm getting, what I imagine are, the same sensations I'd get from watching it - discomfort, fear and trepidation.

Not only have I not seen In the Wall, I hadn't even heard of it when this pressing of the soundtrack got announced for Record Store Day 2014. However, I'm a huge fan of Clint Mansell's soundtracks so I figured it would be worth a go. I don't tend to listen to it in the same way that I do his other soundtracks, but that's mostly because the level of "uneasy listening" is about 10 points higher than elsewhere - if I tried to listen to this at work I'd constantly be jumping in my seat. It's a great soundtrack though and I do look forward to one day seeing the film that it accompanies.

This is the only record I have on Death Waltz, but they are known for the effort they put into their soundtrack releases and this one is no different - everything about the package is incredible - the vinyl is beautiful, there is an art print and huge poster and the sleeve has an obi-strip. The whole thing feels lovely. Sadly there isn't a download code (another reason I wouldn't listen to this album at work) and the record plays at 45rpm so feel like it's over before it's even started.

Format: 12", 12x12" art print, 36x36" poster
Tracks: 14
Cost: £19 new
Bought: Truck Store
When: 19/04/14
Colour: Brown with Yellow swirl
Etching: none
mp3s: no