Sunday 31 August 2014

Thom Yorke - Harrowdown Hill


Despite enjoying this record, I still haven't got round to buying Thom Yorke's solo album, The Eraser. I remember it being pretty big news when it came out and I heard the album a few times when I lived in Cardiff, but I've simply never bought a copy. I will one day, probably.

Around the time it came out, Harrowdown Hill was released as a single and I found this copy in HMV in Winchester. Harrowdown Hill is an excellent song (to the extent I'm wondering now why I didn't buy the album). The simple but upbeat bass line carries the song through fading only when Thom's vocals rise for the chorus. The b-side Jetstream is a glitchier affair and less my thing, but still quite listenable.

Format: 7"
Tracks: 2
Cost: £1.50 new
Bought: HMV Winchester
When: 11/09/06
Colour: Black
Etching: none
mp3s: no