Sunday 31 August 2014

Pop Will Eat Itself - 92F


Around 2002 I was in that rare and lucky situation of having a steady income (from my part time job pushing trolleys) and no real outgoings (because I was a teenager living at home) which meant I bought a lot of records by bands I liked, regardless of whether there was really anything notable on that record or not. A prime example of that is this Pop Will Eat Itself 7".

The a-side is a remix of 92F, a song which I have more remixes of than I care to count. That said, it is one of the better mixes (there's a piano in the mix which adds a lot), although the recording with the female vocals is far more enjoyable than it is with the normal Poppies vocals. Certainly one of their stronger songs either way. The b-side is an instrumental and, whilst interesting enough, isn't anything to write home about; it's the sort of song that might find it's way onto an album as filler.

I probably wouldn't have done anything more interesting with the £2 this record cost me, but it is fairly redundant in my record collection.

Format: 7"
Tracks: 2
Cost: £2 second hand
Bought: Record Fair, Southampton
When: 26/10/02
Colour: Black
Etching: none
mp3s: no