Wednesday 14 May 2014

Manic Street Preachers - The Everlasting (Jukebox 7")


Final Manics single for today - The Everlasting on white-label, jukebox 7". By the time this single was released I'd got the album and knew it quite well. It was a pretty good song back then, but it's aged well too. When the Manics played their singles at the O2 Arena a year or so ago it went down very well and I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. It fit the grandiose style of rock they were playing then but it still works now.

I bought this one and If You Tolerate This... in what was a bit of an eBaying spree. Over a period of weeks I'd bid on loads of records and won a lot of them. This was before PayPal and it seems that all the cheques I'd posted out had cleared (ah, the old days!) and all my parcels arrived over two days. Those two days were the very same days I was visiting Lancaster University for an open day and staying with my sister in Derby. Both those events also involved a lot of record shopping so I ended up with 19 new cds and records by the time I arrived home. It was a very good haul.

Format: 7", white label jukebox single
Tracks: 2
Cost: £3.75 second hand
Bought: eBay
When: 21/02/03
Colour: Black
Etching: none
mp3s: no