Thursday 25 October 2012

Hundred Reasons - EP Three


I've pretty much never been able to go Christmas present shopping without buying myself something. If anything, I need a trip to a record store first to get me into a spending mood. I bought this record 4 days before Christmas in 2001 in a little indie record shop in Southampton called FM Music. It was a very cool little shop that we used to go to way back in the day as often as we could. We didn't really appreciate the difference between indie record shops and chain stores, but we knew FM had some very cool stuff in that we couldn't find in HMV or Tower Records. They used to stock lots of vinyl too, which wasn't all that common back then. I've always been a sucker for coloured vinyl and limited editions, but I bought this mostly because of how much I'd been enjoying EP Two. Of course, FM closed some time after I moved away for University, and it was a shame to see it go.

I'll Find You was a classic Hundred Reasons song from the start, every bit as good as Remmus but with the added bonus that it would come to open their incredible debut album. Sunny on the b-side must have been the quietest song they'd written by that point (and coming in at a full 4 minutes, one of the longest), but still a great tune. Another 7" I've played a lot over the last 10 or so years.


Format: 7", numbered (#1780)
Tracks: 2
Cost: £2.50 new
Bought: FM Music, Southampton
When: 21/12/01
Colour: Red
Etching: none
mp3s: no