Tuesday 19 June 2012

William Elliott Whitmore + P.O.S. - Split


I bought this one last Record Store Day. I was confused by it then, and still am a bit now. Will Whitmore and P.O.S. (who I know from Doomtree) seem like an odd combination. I assume they just happen to be on the same record label or something. It was also the only 7" I got that day as RSD 7"s are crazy expensive.

Will's song is great - just vocal and a kick drum, but his voice carries itself so it's no wonder it works so well. I'm a big fan as I've said before and will say again. The first time I heard of Doomtree and of any of the artists in the collective was on their Daytrotter Session, which I enjoyed greatly. This song is really good and builds up in a nice subtle way. They all seem to be making a lot of great music.

So an odd 7", but two great, if very different, songs.


Format: 7"
Tracks: 2
Cost: £7 new
Bought: Banquet
When: 16/04/11
Colour: Black
Etching: no
mp3s: no