Tuesday 19 June 2012

A Thousand Arrows + Battle of Santiago - Split


This is a split between Cardiff's A Thousand Arrows and Battle of Santiago from Sweden. Whilst I pretty much had to buy it (the singer of ATA is a friend) I would have anyway. They're a lot heavier than a lot of the other bands in South Wales (Death of Her Money and Shaped By Fate being exceptions) and often draw comparisons to Quicksand and Helmet. Personally I can't help but hear Earthtone9, but that's no bad thing at all. They're touring as we speak and it'll be good to see them later this week.

The first thing I thought about Battle of Santiago when I heard this was that they reminded me of Snapcase. I think it was the vocal style mostly, but I'm a big Snapcase fan so I enjoyed it. All four songs are really good, although on both sides I prefer the first of the two.


Format: 7"
Tracks: 4
Cost: £5.90 new
Bought: Seven Inch Records
When: 09/04/11
Colour: Yellow
Etching: no
mp3s: no