Sunday 17 June 2012

Fugazi - Furniture


My friend Sarah has often said that Furniture is her favourite Fugazi record (mine is Repeater), which given that it's only three songs long, is quite the claim. She told me this a few times before I eventually bought a copy. They always had it in Banquet and I always ended up buying other records instead. I eventually picked it up, and I agree it is pretty good.

Furniture is a great Fugazi song, and if I had to write a top ten of theirs songs, it would be up there; clever lyrics, a strong beat and a sparse but perfect guitar. They had some nice instrumentals along the way, and Number 5 follows in that vein. Hello Morning is a little more scatty but still a nice listen. All in all, I'd say this record would work as a perfect Fugazi sampler, although I'd be tempted just to encourage people to listen to Repeater or the self-titled ep. For a Fugazi fan, it's worth it for Furniture alone.


Format: 7", insert
Tracks: 3
Cost: £2.50 new
Bought: Banquet
When: 22/02/12
Colour: Black
Etching: Side A: "Reluctant pharoahs", Side B: "Ancient Fruits"
mp3s: no